Monday, December 22, 2014

Lost in Alice in Wonderland

  I am planning my first field trip down to guess where? If you read my previous post you may have already guessed it. A weekend in the wild wonderful west virginia, hopefully I will be able to provide first hand accounts as to the potential of the area to be a 3d printing hub. So Henry David Thoreaux needs to watch out has unearth my roots to see how stable they are. Hopefully, I come out with some new connections insights and a few home cooked meals to boot!

  Outside of your normal potholes sink holes are also a common problem to pedestrians, motorists and cyclists. These spread very quickly during freeze thaw actions and also need to be documented as they can reach enormous proportions. with 3d scanning these changes could be documented and anticipated. Although the scale often is to big to print a solution it can be scaled down and multiple options can be fitted from there. It is always much easier to solve a scalable problem than to wait until it gets out of hand. I say this because I former project I worked on in Shaker Heights is now under attack by a sink hole. I know that soil reports can help forecast a response but this is a fluid situation around live rail lines so what is the classical response compared to a more innovative controlled one?

No comments:

Post a Comment