Saturday, February 22, 2014
Can we see past the Snark
I believe I stated before that with 3-d printing, momentum is key. Not just sustaining a presence in the public eye but staying in the public conscience as a viable option. When we are closing in on a generation that is used to communicating in 140 characters or less we cannot be satisfied with a buzz because it can quickly evaporate. Even technical achievements can quickly turn to overhype. My generation has seen the tech bubble grow and burst and therefore often times approach sure bets with cynicism instead of optimism. So the goal should be to survive the snark.Only you motivate full scale adoption. As an engineer I am used to getting ideas shot down and saying back to the drawing board. That is one of the reasons 3d-printing reached out to my discipline first. We are not lawyers or doctors but we are still professionals. Often times we are the ones that provide tools for these fields. So will the engineering field provide a push to keep the momentum going past trivial obstacles to full scale adoption?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Good morning, I have began to actually follow bike blogs and take notes on road conditions. It's easy to have a google maps overlay or...
-
So today we are going to try to go with the future of 3d printing and then ground ourselves back in reality again. Many times science fi...
-
3d systems webinar was very informative and focused on full color printing. After a couple of glitches getting in the webinar I jumped in w...

No comments:
Post a Comment